TALLEBUDGERA , BURLEIGH & RAINBOW BEACH.

We have had beautiful warm weather this last week so we thought it was a good time to do a “Beach Crawl”. 

We started with Burleigh Heads a few days ago. Bloody hell….we didn’t recognise the place!
There are so many new high rise apartments getting built. The skyline was full of cranes which I know is progress, but the taller these buildings get….the more 
shadows cross over the sand. 





A lot of the apartments have been knocked down now….and where Mum and Dad lived…..that 2 story building is dwarfed by huge buildings. 




Their old unit….and their new neighbours….






Bertie would not be happy…😳 🥰



This is Burleigh Beach looking towards Surfers Paradise and looking in the opposite direction towards Burleigh Hill which is a lovely spot. 




You can walk around Burleigh Hill and it brings you out to Tallebudgera, which is a favourite of ours. 











This part of Tallebudgera is where we all go fishing, and they also have a netted area to swim in so you don’t get any stingers…..hopefully. 

The caravan park is in the background. It’s a lovely park and a very popular one with families. 
We used to live in there in a permanent caravan with annexe that we had built. 
I’m sorry we sold it as they have done the park up with an adult pool and a great pool for the kids. 



Last but not least …..is our very favourite. Beautiful Snappers….
Ed’s suffering with arthritis in his hips so was told to get into the water. 

This is looking towards Coolangatta from around the point at Rainbow Beach where we had come down the stairs to the beach. 



The tide was out…..so it looked low enough to walk around to Coolangatta Beach, instead of going back up the stairs.

Big mistake……for me. 

Ed walked out wide but I decided to stay near the rocks so I wouldn’t get wet.
All was going well until a few big waves started rolling in and I couldn’t see where I was walking.
Those bloody waves were strong and I fell in a hole and as I had the phone in my hand and car keys in my pocket, was trying to hold the phone in the air. 

I looked like a bloody baby elephant rolling around in the waves….in slow motion…. Ed was trying to get to me…..I was trying not to drop the phone….
All while I was bobbing up and down getting bashed by waves. Ed finally got hold of me, the tide had gone back out and I’m flailing around in an inch of water…..trying to stand up……coughing and stuttering ….drenched from top to toe. 
I can laugh about it now…..but I was a bit scared I can tell you.

So we finally got around the point and we walked along the beach as I tried to dry out in my denim shorts and top….looking and feeling like a drowned rat. 


Apart from that …….it was a lovely day…..and I can attest…the water was warm. 









While I was waiting for Ed to have his swim, I was walking along the shore line looking for shells…. and found this.






I googled it and it said it was a bit of Coral…..looks like boobies to me. 

This last photo is of one of the many life saving stations dotted along our coast line that are all decorated and ready for Christmas. The life savers do a great job of keeping the beaches safe, having vinegar on hand if you are unlucky to get bitten by a blue bottle or stinger. 

****must say that I didn’t see a life saver while rolling around legs in the air **

Lucky I had Ed ❤️

Take care ❤️❤️❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MORE TRAVELS BACK TO TWEED HEADS.

SEA LAKE, & MANANGATANG REVISTED.

FROM MUSWELLBROOK TO GRAFTON NSW