ITS OKAY NOT TO BE OK

This post is not to worry anyone as I am fine. Really. I just need to write these thoughts down and get them out of my head, as this blog, as well as being a way for just a few of my lovely family to be able to follow along …..it’s also like a diary for me…..somewhere to vent 😌….somewhere to write my thoughts, somewhere to remember my Mum and Dad on specials occasions, somewhere to be Cathartic. πŸ˜”
You know what I mean….and, I don’t want to take nasty medications  πŸ€ͺ


When we meet people on our travels, whether it be in the caravan park, or when we are camping under a tree, the conversation always starts with them asking…
“Where are you from”…….and we always say ……Tweed Heads….(everyone knows where that is)πŸ˜‚

Then they ask are we in a house or unit near the beach. We then say we live full time in our caravan..

Some are shocked to think we have no home….anywhere….and then we get the 
“What ifs.” Which is when Ed usually takes over the conversation, because I can’t be bothered as we have no need to explain.

Then there’s the other lot of people that get very excited and want to know the nitty gritties of it all, as that’s exactly what they want, and Ed takes over that conversation again, as it’s more the man, who  wants to go the whole hog.
So it’s all about solar, batteries……etc …..blah blah …..and living full time in a caravan. 

I love our caravan, it’s ours, and it’s our home, and yes we get to travel to so many gorgeous places for which I’m so grateful for. 

We love to travel. But I’m ready to go back to Tweed. I absolutely love this area where we are now, and I will really miss the walks here along the Bay. 

And that’s the good parts of travel. We get to see all these beautiful places. 

But then, for me, it’s not all roses and sunshine living in caravan. 

The reality is, you always have to think ahead. And I’m tired. 

Ed will tell me time and time again not to think about things, but that’s not who I am. I’m a need to know person. I need to know where I’m going to be living. 

We had to book this spot early last October, and pay for it all, and were very lucky to get in here. 

We have just had to book for Easter, as it’s hard to get in anywhere, because Easter aligns with school holidays.

We couldn’t stay in Tweed over Xmas as it’s over $500 a week for 4 weeks…. which has to be paid by end of October, and I understand all of that as it’s always been that way. 

I don’t mean to make this post a whinge-a-thon…….it’s just me trying to de-frag my brain with it all. 

When Ed and I got Covid …….all I wanted to do is be home at Tweed.
“Home” being the word. If anything serious was to happen….I wanted to be at Tweed. 

And mentally it got to me that I couldn’t. I fully understood the “why”…….but I didn’t like it. I went into panic mode…without letting on to Ed. 

So when people say I’m lucky to be in a caravan and travelling to all these lovely places ,yes it is great…..but  it would have been nice to be able to just go “home” …..and I couldn’t. 

I’m just tired……and feeling all the feels…




I won’t stay there…..❤️❤️….promise.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MORE TRAVELS BACK TO TWEED HEADS.

SEA LAKE, & MANANGATANG REVISTED.

FROM MUSWELLBROOK TO GRAFTON NSW